How old is Zeebo?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

How old is B* Bean?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, September 25

Update on Our "Visitor"

I was in the baby room (I don't even remember what for now.. maybe to close the blinds for the night)... and lo and behold, I spotted our "visitor" from last night. He was lazily lounging under the crib (by some cardboard boxes that I had stashed there for now). I called Ian over with a "I found him!" So Ian comes over in a couple of seconds with a flattened box in hand (from our paper recycling)... might I add he did not RUN over, Ian just walks nonchalantly in the room and says "Where?". Of course I point the "visitor" out and Ian says "That looks like only half of a cockroach". (Remember, I said he was small) But I assured him that was the whole cockroach... otherwise we have bigger problems - like what is in our apartment that would eat half a cockroach and leave the other half there.

Well to make a not so long story not so long, Ian just reaches over the cockroach with the flattened box in hand (note: the cockroach doesn't move at all) and just puts the paper on him and smooshes him (still the cockroach never moved, it acted like it was dead). Ian lifts up the box to check and then the cockroach moves... but sort of just wiggles a little, it's definitely still alive. I'm thinking.. "Hey, what gives, he was all fast and scurry yesterday!" Then Ian proceeds to put the box back on top of him and pound him with his fist a little, just to squash him more. And that was the fateful demise of our "visitor", who was then promptly flushed down the toilet, just in case he got any ideas of reviving later. BUT of course, all the while I'm thinking... so what was up with last night... Ian comes to kill him and it's so easy.

At least now Ian can't call the cockroach the Phantom cockroach, and I guess that just means Ian will continue to be the bug killer in the family. Frankly, I am ok with that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We found a tiny cockroach, upside down and dead, in the corner of our kitchen. This is the first apartment I've been in that has cockroaches. I guess I've been lucky before, but ugh!