7 Days and counting...
So today marks a week before the expected due date. Of course, this doesn't really mean anything, because she could come early or up to two weeks late (of which then the doctor's would induce labor). And it is quite common for first births to be late... which I'm not hoping for. But getting to today without having to make our big trip to the hospital is a pretty "big" thing because last night, Ian went out of town. There was always the possibility of me going into labor while he was away... so I'm glad there wasn't any midnight calling and emergency rushing to get home because of it. This also probably means we'll be able to make it through the weekend of events (a wedding on Saturday night, Ian's teaching in Sunday School Sunday morning and visiting with his family from out of town on Sunday night) without a trip to Labor and Delivery. Of course, if she comes... we'll be EXCITED and we're definitely ready... but I time with others and Ian getting to teach is something we're treasuring as just the two of us for as long as we can now.
So, you're probably wondering "Where was Ian?" Ian and a bunch of guys from Davis were up at Lake Donner celebrating with a friend (Sam Shull) who is getting married this weekend. It was a bachelor party at a beautiful cabin on the lake (so I've heard, I've never been there). Last night I think they "roasted" and toasted Sam and played some games. I'm glad Ian was able to go and I think it means a lot to our friend, as getting married is such an major and wonderful event in ones life. Plus it also means Ian is getting "out with the boys" a bit and doing "guy stuff". This is always encouraging to me, because being the high introvert that he is... he would be completely content to just hang out at home with me all the time. Oh and while Ian was gone, I and a couple women went and had dinner at a sushi place in Davis. It was a bit of a "Girls Night Out". Since I don't usually get to have seafood (Ian's allergic to all seafood) and since I don't usually go out at night with other women (mostly because I feel guilty leaving Ian at home), it was a very different and fun night. Then after, I helped Bronwyn (my next door neighbor) put together her knew night stand, part of a set of bedroom furniture they just got. Sorry to the neighbors that live below them (as we were banging together parts at 9 pm), but it came out really nice and she was very excited to have a real bedside table.
Other things that I did yesterday since Ian's departure was dig up my "old" journal... that I've been meaning to get back to for months. Actually when I looked at my last entry, it was somewhere at the 8 week mark of my pregnancy... so about 30 weeks ago! I've been so bad at journaling, spending any times of solitude (which was so instrumental and helpful to process a lot of the transition in the last 3 years of marriage, not to mention to my own personal and spiritual growth) and doing any sort of regular devotional. But with the upcoming change (parents always said their children caused them to rethink their priorities), I've been spurred on to get "back on track" and to be more intentional with all the disciplines that I've been lately slacking on. So, feel free to ask me about it (and in a sense give me a swift "kick in the butt" if I get "off track") because self-discipline was and is not one of my strong suits... UNLESS I have a deadline of some sort or if there is some definite (and possibly humiliating) accountability around the corner.
Well, Ian just came home (early, too) so I am off! ... 'till the next bit of news or update.



2 comments:
LOL - way to be honest about your tendency to not be so disciplined... And I'm glad your baby didn't come while Ian was gone!! Although you have plenty of friends, including me, who'd be happy to hang out with you until he got there...
A question for you: Do you think a regular, daily devotional-journaling time is absolutely necessary for you? (As opposed to like a weekly thing, say.) Just curious.
Yay! Thanks for partying with me on Thursday, and helping with the furniture. Come over and look at the rest!!
Post a Comment