How old is Zeebo?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

How old is B* Bean?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 14

A "High Needs" Baby

It seems like all babies would be considered "high needs", being that they are totally dependent on their parents for everything... and not only for a little while, but for months. This includes not only the obvious (food and diaper changings), but also things like the ability to soothe themselves and go to sleep. Yet, there is an actual category of baby temperaments that is considered the "high needs" baby.

Ian and I think our Miss E might be one of these "high needs" baby. Sure, she's still young, so maybe it's a bit premature to say (maybe she'll grow out of "it"), and we are new parents and a lot of her discomfort crying comes from gas... but man, it is hard when she won't sleep or be comforted for hours. Pretty much she must be held almost 24-7 (even if she is "asleep", because if you put her down, she immediately wakes up and with a vengeance cry). This also applies to about half of the nighttime hours, too, when we're both hoping to catch a few ZZZZ's. All to say... we are tired and both getting quite the workout in our backs and arms (required for all the rocking, swaying and bouncing).

OK, I might look back and think... "Oh, what a time. It wasn't so bad... just a few weeks worth. I miss her when she was so tiny and needed us so much." (things I've heard from other moms) But at this very moment all I can say is I'm exhausted (and sore).

1 comment:

Genna said...

Gilda, we have a baby swing you can use until May! Abby really loved swinging (she would often sleep in the swing)... Just let me know.