How old is Zeebo?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

How old is B* Bean?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, May 4

First Real Meal

Yesterday E had her first ever solid food meal. She had the ever so tasty (actually I don't know if it is tasty or not... I didn't try it) Rice Cereal. We borrowed a video camera for the occasion and also had our digital still shot camera ready. I really thought she would get "the look" that most babies get when they try their first food. It usually involves some "What is this?", then "Confused" as the food swishes around in the mouth and lastly is followed with "Augh...". E though was more interested in chewing on the spoon. (Can you tell she is in the throws of teething?) And even though she ate the whole tablespoon portion of rice cereal (that was mixed with another 3 tablespoons of breastmilk, the recommended amount for the first feeding)... she never gave any look other than "Why all the cameras?" (Pictures will be posted here, when I get them off the camera.) Ha lol. I guess that means she really was ready for real "grown up" eating. Oh, I should mention though she did have a full feeding an hour before her eating excursion... and another full feeding just two hours later as she was headed off to bed. So pretty much she pigged out last night!

Other adventures with Elizbeth - In getting her first meal, I thought (wishful thinking) she would magically sleep better at night. Especially since the last week or so she's been getting up in the middle of the night and not going back to sleep for hours. This on top of the fact that I got sick this week with mastitis is really taking a toll on me (oh, it's also taking a toll on ian too, but differently). But alas, no such luck. Therefore, tonight (or in other words 2 hours ago... note the time stamp of this blog) we did our first "cry it out" with E . She only cried for 30 minutes... and mostly "I'm fussy", "I'm tired" and "Come get me" crying (if it was anything more, like "Where are you?" or "I'm hyperventilating because I'm crying so hard for someone, please come" then I think I would have made Ian get up and get her)... but still, it was very hard for me. Add on the fact that I think the antibiotics I'm on might be making me a bit hyper and the mastitis is giving me some pain still, it makes me very very exhausted but at the same time unable to sleep. Oh bother! E is finally asleep and sort of on her own (a grand feat in the Spencer household) and I'm sitting up with insomnia. Double Bother! Oh well, at least it allowed me to get this blog in about her first meal, right?

No comments: