It's finally happened!!
E has been scooting on her stomach backwards, stretching forward as she sits and rocking back and forth half on her knees and half on her butt. But this last week she's been rocking forward even more so that she is actually on her hands and knees (for a brief second before falling to her stomach). Today... as she played on the ground, back at home and surrounded by her favorite toys, E crawled. Of course it wasn't the "typical" crawl, on hands and knees, right, left, right, left. It was more of a "I'm on my hands and knees", "I want to go forward to reach my object of desire" and "I know I can move forward when I use my feet". So as she is on her hands and knees, she uses her feet and pushes off the ground(making her legs straighten out and her knees leave the floor), left, right, left, until she moves forward. She doesn't get far and she still hasn't quite figured out how to coordinate the hands so she can really move far, but it's still quite an amazing thing to watch. And so it's finally happened... E is crawling! Soon, she'll be dashing from one side of the apartment to the other, getting into the bookcases (which she has discoverd has fun books to pull out) and causing all kinds of exploratory mayhem.



2 comments:
yeah, Elizabeth! Watch out, mom... it's only busier and busier from here on out:)
It gets busier.. GOOD LORD!! (from gilda)
Post a Comment