How old is Zeebo?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

How old is B* Bean?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, September 5

"What did you say?"

So three weeks ago E started a speech explosion. She started putting more than one word together to express more complex thoughts to us. And now, only a few weeks later, she's speaking in complete sentences. I find this amazing as it is so much so fast that even in the daily changes there is a lot to notice.

To top it off, when people who don't know her very well or are just meeting her for the first time ask how old she is they always think she is 2 or even 3. No, she's not tall for her age. No, she's not heavier for her age either. In fact she's probably fairly petite for her age and about average height. But combine her speech skills and the way she carries herself when she walks and I guess she looks/acts older than she looks. Or maybe people don't really know what to base the size of little children on. :) Either way, we enjoy this new found skills (and understandability).

Anyways, here's just a few snippets of our favorite or humorous interactions with E .

Three weeks ago as Ian is carryinirough our apartment complex on a hot day.
Ian: "Do you want to walk?"
E : "No" (long pause) "Tired"

Anytime something has moved or she can't find something, for instance her stuffed dog backpack/leash.
E : "Where'd doggy go?"

Anytime we say something to her and she is sort of occupied with something else, but still hears us.
E : "Huh?" (In a really cute way though, you just have to hear it)

This last Wednesday when E had a slightly congested nose. I was using the aspirator to clear her nostril.
E : "No! No! No!" (She doesn't like the aspirator, it feels funny)
(E points to me as I finish one nostril)
E : "Mommy's turn"
Gilda: "Ok, see" (I pretend to use it, while making a sucking sound)
Gilda: "Ok, other side now" (Back to finish nostril #2)
E : "No! I already did it!"
(But sorry to say, she still had the other side done)

One of the best... and favorite of all the family.
E : "Bye! Bye! I love you!" (very clearly said too)

And of course, you can't forget the ultimate 2's saying when we try to do anything for her.
E : "I do it!"

3 comments:

Kristine said...

I LOVE the speech explosion! It's so fun to have them communicating with you! I just love hearing Josiah talk :) His little "Aye wuv you, Mama" just melts me every time.

It's June! said...

that's wonderful! how exciting!

The Armstrong Brood said...

Fun to see what's ahead for us! Though I suspect for Luke it won't happen as quickly. :)