Days a Blur
The days have been blurring together ever since Thanksgiving. On that Thursday we made a late start to Pittsburgh (California, not Pennsylvania) to go to Ian's uncle's house for Thanksgiving dinner and time with Ian's side of the family. My parents were out of the country on a trip and so we didn't celebrate Thanksgiving with them on Thursday. Instead my siblings and grandmothers came up for a little time with E and dinner on Saturday. Overall, it was a pretty low key holiday. Really, we didn't even see or spend much time with either family... traveling and even short visits have become significantly harder and more tiring with our newest addition. We'll see how this works out for Christmas (which is also right around the corner). See how the days fly!
Then after that weekend, the week started... and pretty much everyday just ran into the next until today. I only left the house twice all of last week - once to visit a friend in a nearby town while doing some laundry and once with Ian to run a couple of errands (including groceries, like milk). I didn't even realize that it was December until Saturday came and went. Sigh. It is a bit disheartening to know that I've done "nothing" for the last couple of weeks and I'm afraid that as the days blur by without me realizing it I might inadvertently not be savoring this time with our little E (before she becomes an older E ). Mostly, I'm just exhausted (from lack of sleep, but also lethargy from the constant and unchanging scenery/pace). I keep seeing the calendar days move by in such a blur... that soon 2007 will be here and I still won't feel recouped from labor and taking care of E ... then I don't know what I'll do about work.
On a brighter note, as the days have been passing... Ian and I have seen some definite growth with E . We don't know exactly by how much (weight or length or size), but she's definitely chubbier and we swear she seems heavier. Her hair is getting longer too and she's developed a bit of baby acne. She is also a less gassy and generally less fussy (although that doesn't mean she doesn't have extremely fussy, gassy and spit up days). Oh and Miss E is also going for one long stretch of time at night without waking crying for food (usually about 5 hours - which for us translates into 3 or maybe even 4 hours of sleep in one stretch), and then back to smaller stretches (2 hours between feedings) for the rest of the night. This usually gives us a tiny bit more sleep... but also makes the smaller stretches harder. Now if only we could get her to consistently start her "night" (sleep) before midnight.
Ok.. now for a nap if I can.



1 comment:
Post a Comment