A day without Ian... (part 1)
This morning at 4 am Ian woke up, ate breakfast and left to walk to the Memorial Union to catch a 5 am bus that would take him to Sac International Airport. He's going to Missouri for a conference. He's going to be gone until late Saturday night and only really be in Missouri for about 24 hours, but I was dreading this day without him. It will be the first ever day with just E and I. No family coming over. No going out to visit other people. Just her and I. And she's come down with some head stuffiness and isn't sleeping well. I'm not sure how other Mom's do it. I guess I've just been spoiled by having Ian around and home most days (even if he is working).
So, how has it been so far?
Well as Ian was heading out the door E woke up. I went in and comforted her, wiped her nose and rocked her for about 10 minutes before putting her back down for bed. She then slept till about 7:30 am, but I didn't get her until 8. (I was really tired because I had just about dropped off to "real" sleep at about the time Ian woke up. Such is sleep in the third trimester for me.)
Then we had a fairly calm breakfast, heating up some leftover oatmeal and me eating an egg and cheese sandwich.
At about 10 am, E and I drove to downtown Davis and ran some errands (banking and getting some Thank You gifts for my awesome shower hostesses). We also stopped into Just Kidding, the used kids store, just to look and give E some play time. If we go to Alphabet Moon, the pricey but exciting kids store, we end up being there way too long and I find it's hard to pry E away from the toys.
Then we came back and attempted to eat lunch. Well, E ate... some. I got a call from a friend who needed the address to the shower and E was not happy I was on the phone. Food flew. E was deemed "done" with lunch by me. And I got off the phone. Poor E I think was really tired and a bit "under the weather". Now that she knows the word and concept of "Ouchie", she's been using it seemingly for everything. I don't know if it also means "I'm uncomfortable" or real pain. Probably a lot of the first, because E (on a regular day, sick days... all bets are off) has a really high tolerance for pain. (Oh and I've "snacked" on fruit... I'm too tired to eat.)
After our not so calm lunch, I asked E if she was sleepy (as she cried intermittently and kept putting her head down on me when I picked her up) and she said yes. So just two quick books, the tiniest bit of nursing and I put her down for her afternoon nap at 1:30 pm (!! This is really early !! She must be tired). She gabbed to herself with her stuffed animals for 10 minutes, but now there isn't a peep so I think she's out.
So, half the day is gone. I would say it hasn't been too bad. Tomorrow Ian still won't be her... but with family coming over and a shower, she'll be fully entertained and happy.
Well, now I'm going to take a nap too. (Yay! The best part of my day.) Hopefully, she'll sleep longer than an hour and a half (which has been her normal for the last few days) because she really needs more than that. Not to mention I could use more than that too.
And I'll update you all with post #2 (hopefully, unless I collapse in exhaustion after E is put down for night) later tonight reporting how the rest of the day went.



No comments:
Post a Comment