A day without Ian... (part 2)
Well it's almost 9 pm now. E (I think) is asleep. And the day is done.
So where did I leave off? Oh, right.
E ended up taking an hour an a half nap. This meant I got 30 minutes to lie down (but not sleep). She got up not in the best of moods so she came to lie down in "Mommy's Big Bed" (as she calls it) for another 15 minutes. Then of course it was "up time" for everyone and a snack of string cheese. I, still tired from not getting much of a nap, sat on the couch in a haze as she played around me. I think I read her a couple of books. I also took her outside to see the first of the season rain in Davis. Ok, it was more of a light sprinkle, but she was excited to listen to it come down on our fabric awnings above our windows and then feel a few drops fall on her face and toes.
Then I put a video (Wallace and Grommit's The Wrong Trousers) on for E so I could reheat dinner. E surprisingly didn't really eat much of the reheated lasagna, so I ended up eating almost all of it and now I have heartburn (darn that red sauce). She ate quick, was "done" and then played, ran around, played some more and generally was clingy the rest of the day. It didn't help that the couch scratched her leg, she somehow slipped and ate it big time while running to the bathroom (getting ready for her bath) and has been having some very non solid number twos in her diaper that gives her discomfort.
Lastly Ian called to tell me of his wanderings in Missouri (literally, as he got sort of lost once, took a few phantom detours in search of dinner and tried to stop at a WWII Museum) and talked to E . She really liked talking to him. She is significantly more engaged talking to him on the phone then any other family. And she wanted to say goodbye to Daddy several times (every five minutes). I've also been asking her where Daddy is and tried to teach her to say "Missouri". At first it was more of a "Sue E" but has evolved to sound something more like "Nor We". I laughed, because Ian is definitely not in Norway. :)
All in all though, I would say the dreaded day without Ian was not half as bad as I thought it might turn out to be. I wouldn't want to have to do it often, but at least now I know I can survive taking care of a toddler while being pregnant all on my own. (And I don't feel any labor pains coming on... so yay on another count. It would be quite unfortunate if I went into labor while Ian was gone for many reasons.) To top it off, I don't have too much of a mess to clean up either. I picked up a few toys while E was in her bath... I washed most of the dishes (there weren't many) right after dinner while E disassembled the couch cushions... so now I just need to wipe down some surfaces and give myself some "me time". I think I'll start with a shower and then some devotions and then off to bed early with me!
Tomorrow will be another long day, but I'm excited as family will be here and some amazing friends are throwing me a shower. From what I've heard (or I should say read) it sounds like it's going to be great! Can't wait. :) And of course, Ian will be flying back and will be home hopefully before E goes to bed.



1 comment:
sorry i'm going to miss the shower!!
Post a Comment